Registration Open! Click the link below to view availability and book your stay
Experience Rockmont as a Family!
While state and local regulations prevent us from operating our traditional Rockmont experience this summer, they do allow us to rent our cabins out to families (and their extended family and friends) so that they may come and experience the cool beauty of our mountains, lakes and 600-acre facility together! All cabins and summer staff residences are available for rent any time between June 13 – August 15, for as many nights as you would like. From Wednesday, May 20 through Wednesday, May 27 reservations are limited to only those families with a son enrolled in one of our sessions for this summer and alumni.
Cabins 1 – 44, plus the *Mountain House, *Valley View, *Gloryland, *Lake House, and *Grey Eagle are available for rental. (*See descriptions here https://rockmont.com/facility-rentals/.) Prices range from $300/night to $800/night plus state and occupancy taxes. Rental includes a hot breakfast and boxed lunch each day for up to four people. An additional person rate of $25 per person per day applies for families over four. Dinner each night is on your own, with many choices available in Black Mountain and Asheville for take out, delivery, and possibly dine-in or outside seating. Some of the rental homes feature kitchens for those who prefer to cook dinners for themselves.
You can never be bored at Rockmont! Below are some of the fun-filled Rockmont skills and activities available for your family’s enjoyment together:
- Gully Washer
- Zip Line
- Lake Eden Waterfront
- Canoes, Kayaks, Paddleboards
- Horseback Trail Rides (Additional cost applies)
- Trap Shooting
- Climbing Wall
- Mountain Biking
- Table Games
- Porch Sitting
- Disc Golf
- Soccer Golf
- Camp Fire
- Bible Study
Please note: Skill sites and activities will be open and staffed as conditions and social distancing guidelines allow and as demand for them dictates.
7:30-8:30 • Coffee stations open around camp
8:30-9:30 • Breakfast open, assigned family tables or Eden Hall deck
10:30-12:30 • Skill and activity sites open
1:00-2:00 • Box lunches available for pickup
2:30 – 4:30 • Skill and activity sites open
Evening Dinner on your own, in town or take out
8:00-10:00 • Evening campfire/songs
10:00 • Quiet Time
Covid-19 Specific Information:
- All North Carolina and Buncombe County regulations applicable at the time of families’ stay will be followed. These may change with little advance notice – either further easing or tightening – and in order to continue to operate we will have no choice but to change our protocol accordingly.
- All family members are urged to be tested within 5 days prior to arrival; if any member of the reservation party tests positive the reservation may be cancelled or postponed at no cost.
- All cabins and lodging will be thoroughly cleaned and sanitized between reservations; families are to clean and sanitize their cabin/home during their stay.
- All family members agree to report any Covid Indicating Symptoms should they present within 14 days after departing.
- All Rockmont staff will be screened daily. Should any staff member indicate possible symptoms of Covid-19 they will be quarantined and tested per state and local regulations.
- Breakfast bar items will be served by a member of a food service staff in adherence to all state and local regulations.
- Family table assignments will be made to ensure appropriate social distancing.
- Disposable plates, utensils, and cups will be used.
- All children under the age of 13 years old must be accompanied by a parent to any skill site or activity.
- Proper cleaning protocols should be followed at each location to sanitize equipment between participants from different families.
- Proper social distancing between families should be followed at all times, including evening campfire/songs.