Summer Camp Sessions
|Session & Feature(s)
|Weeks filled with growth in Confidence, Independence, Leadership Ability, and Character (number of weeks)
|Free Swims (Free Time)
|Choose Your Own Skills!
|Councils (and number)
|5 Year Steak Opportunity
|On Site Camp Store Open
|Skill Trips! (Canoeing, Kayaking, Mountain Biking, Rock Climbing, Backpacking)
|Advanced Skill Opportunities
|Main Camp Exclusive Adventure skill multi-day trips
4-Weeks of Summer Camp
Main Camp is the paramount Camp Rockmont experience for any camper- first time or seasoned veteran. Four weeks allows campers the unique opportunity to forge deep and enduring friendships that last a lifetime!
• Experience the fulfilling personal growth that 4 full weeks at Rockmont provides, including personal character growth, spiritual growth, and physical growth as you hone in your abilities in your skills of choice.
• Explore all of what Western North Carolina has to offer with intermediate and advanced off-camp rock climbing, mountain biking, whitewater kayaking and canoeing, and backpacking trips to some of the most iconic trails, mountains, and rivers in the country!
• Get the most out of the Rockmont Council program – helping campers grow in: self confidence, independence, leadership ability, & christian character.
3-Weeks of Summer Camp
• Try new skills and begin to move towards mastery.
• Embark on incredible adventures as a cabin and as an individual.
• Form meaningful relationships with your cabinmates, other campers, and staff members!
• June Camp (3-week session) begins our Adventure Skill Trip opportunities (in Mountain Biking, Rock Climbing, Paddling, & Backpacking)
13 Days of Summer Camp
Previously Classic Camp, the 2-Week session at Rockmont offers the opportunity for campers to choose their own skills, begin the Rockmont Council program, and explore more of what camp has to offer – from expansive games to a cabin campout!
Programs for Rising Juniors & Seniors
13 – 27 Days of Summer Camp
We have three programs for our rising Juniors & Seniors in High School. The first program is our Counselor in Training program (CIT). Participants grow in leadership, connection, and in skills they hope to lead when they transition into staff. CITs are also able to continue in the Rockmont Council Program. Returning CITs (rising seniors) can participate in our CIT2 program. This program adds leadership elements in cabins with our Rockmont Staff. CIT2s are also able to take more adventure trips to various location in Western NC.
In 2024 we’re launching the Rockmont Odyssey Program! Returning CITs who are rising seniors can apply and be accepted into this program, during which they will travel to a destination to serve the community and participate in adventures unique to that part of the world! In 2024 our Odyssey Program will be traveling to Switzerland. Program dates are July 5th – 19th.